At the end of the day, cinnamon is one of the most delicious and healthiest spices on the planet. It can lower blood sugar levels, reduce heart disease risk factors and has a plethora of other impressive health benefits. Just make sure to get Ceylon cinnamon or stick to small doses if you're using the Cassia variety.
Use as a stirring stick for your coffee, tea, cider, and cocktails. Hot drinks are an easy way to include whole cinnamon sticks in your daily routine, whether you use them to flavor coffee, tea, chai lattes, cocoa, mulled cider, mulled wine, or hot toddies
- It has anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- Contains antioxidants with anti-inflammatory effects.
- Its prebiotic properties may improve gut health.
- Reduces blood pressure.
- Lowers blood sugar and risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Relieves digestive discomfort.
- Use as a stirring stick for your coffee, tea, cider, and cocktails.
- Break up a cinnamon stick to infuse a pot of coffee or tea.
- Simmer a cinnamon stick with your oatmeal.
- Flavor your broth with a few cinnamon sticks.
- Add a bit of spice to curry fried rice.