A date is a stone fruit, meaning it has a single seed surrounded by an outer fleshy fruit (like peaches, mangoes, and olives). They're grown on date palm trees, so where you would usually invision coconuts, picture big bunches of hundreds of dates! ... Choose dates that are shiny, unbroken, and not too hard.
Proven Health Benefits of Dates
- Very Nutritious. Share on Pinterest. ...
- High in Fiber. Getting enough fiber is important for your overall health
- High in Disease-Fighting Antioxidants
- May Promote Brain Health
- May Promote Natural Labor
- Excellent Natural Sweetener
- Other Potential Health Benefits
- Easy to Add to Your Diet